Hei, I’m new to programming and trying to Setup my toolchain and create a new React Native project.
- If needed, install code editor (+ extensions), git, npm
- Install the Expo app to your phone. iOS or Android
- Use the expo CLI tool to generate an app skeleton
- Create a folder for your React Native projects
- use Git Bash or terminal to go to this folder cd foldername/otherfoldername/etc…
- npm install -g expo-cli
- expo init MyApp –npm
- choose ‘blank’ template
- if this fails on Windows due to missing interactive mode, use cmd instead of Git Bash Test that app works; run it and open in the browser (the interactive shell is needed to get the menu option (w) for launching in browser)
- cd MyApp
- npm start <—
- From now on open ‘MyApp’ folder in your editor/IDE to edit your project Create a remote git repository (Github) and push your app there
I have done these but I get this error when I write in my VScode npm run
- expo start
- Starting project at C:\Users\35845\Documents\ReactNativeProject\MyApp
- Expo DevTools is running at http://localhost:19002
- Opening DevTools in the browser… (press shift-d to disable)
- Error: spawn powershell ENOENT
- at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:240:19)
at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:415:16)* at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
- npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
- npm ERR! errno 1
- npm ERR! @ start:
- npm ERR! Exit status 1
- npm ERR!
- npm ERR! Failed at the @ start script.
- npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
- npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
- npm ERR! C:\Users\35845\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2020-08-26T08_53_44_736Z-debug.log
Can someone please help me with this. Thank you