Create an Appium and Webdriver project in selenium
To create an Appium and WebDriver project in Selenium, you will need to have the following tools installed:
- Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Eclipse or any other Java IDE
- Appium Server
- Selenium WebDriver
- TestNG or JUnit (for running tests)
Here are the general steps to create the project:
- Open Eclipse and create a new Java project.
- Add Selenium WebDriver and TestNG or JUnit to the project’s build path.
- Create a new class for your Appium tests and import the Appium libraries.
- Create a new class for your WebDriver tests and import the Selenium libraries.
- Write your Appium tests using the Appium API and WebDriver tests using the Selenium API.
- Create a testng.xml or a junit.xml file to configure and run the tests.
- In the testng.xml file, you can add listeners, test classes, and test methods and suite as per your requirement.
- Start the Appium server, and run your tests using TestNG by right-clicking on the testng.xml file and selecting Run As > TestNG Suite.
- Note that you can also set up the Appium server using the DesiredCapabilities class, and configure the Appium driver by setting the appropriate capabilities. Also, you can use the @BeforeMethod and @AfterMethod annotations to set up and tear down the Appium and WebDriver instances before and after each test method.
It’s important to note that above steps are general guidelines and might change based on the programming language or framework you are using and you can use any other language bindings like Python, C#, Ruby etc to setup and run the tests.
For more interesting blogs . Click here
Author: Ghulam Nabi